WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you are the original purchaser or authorized agent of the original purchaser of new XTREME LOAD (XL) 20 to 63 inch rim diameter Grader or Earthmover tires bearing our serial numbers.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
This Limited Warranty covers all XL products 20 to 63 inch rim diameter tires presented for adjustment on or after January 1, 2010. The Limited Warranty is in effect for 4 years commencing on the date of purchase. If proof of the purchase date is not available, the date of manufacture indicated on the serial number will be used as the warranty commencement date.
This Limited Warranty covers all XL products that fail due to workmanship or materials related conditions.
If any XL 20 to 63 inch rim diameter tire covered by this Limited Warranty becomes unserviceable due to a covered warranty condition, such tire will, at the option of Xtreme OTR Tire Company, Ltd. (XOTC), be repaired or replaced with a comparable new tire, discounted on a pro rata basis, or, at our option, XOTC will issue an appropriate credit. The customer charge for replacement will be calculated by multiplying the current replacement tire price at the adjustment location (exclusive of taxes), by the percentage determined from the following chart. In the event XOTC, Ltd. issues a credit, the credit will reflect the discount that would have been included in the foregoing charge.
XL OTR tires in excess of 50% wear are not adjustable under any condition
This Limited Warranty is applicable to tires purchased from XOTC on XL branded tires and other such brands that may have been sold by XOTC.
No representative or dealer has authority to make any representation, promise, warranty or agreement on behalf of XOTC except as stated herein.
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer. Under no circumstances is this limited warranty a representation that a tire failure cannot occur.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
- Tires purchased more than 48 months prior to presentation for adjustment. Without proof of purchase date, tires manufactured 48 months prior to presentation are not covered.
- Tires for which an alternate warranty/guarantee has been negotiated.
- Uniformity or vibration claims on tires purchased more than 6 months prior to presentation for adjustment, or if proof of purchase is not available, more than 6 months after the manufacture date.
- Air retention claims on tires purchased more than 3 months prior to presentation for adjustment, or if proof of purchase is not available, more than 3 months after the manufacture date.
- Irregular wear or tire damage due to: impact breaks, cuts, cut separations, snags, machine damage, wreck, collision, fire, improper inflation, overloading, misapplication, misuse, negligence, operation at excessive speed, rim or damage caused by the mechanical condition of the vehicle.
- Tires will not be warranted when used with chains as of 3/1/2009.
- Tires operating in excess of their rated Ton-Mile-Per-Hour (TMPH) or Ton-Kilometer-Per-Hour (TKPH) factor. The values for the TMPH/TKPH/WCF and the method of Calculation and Use of the Concept may be found by contacting XOT.
- Tires operating in excess of the rated Work Capability Factor (WCF).
- Tires operating in applications that are inconsistent with the Equipment’s specifications or restrictions.
- Tires with improperly seated beads. Knurling impressions from the rim that continue around the bead heel are sufficient evidence of improper seating.
- Tires mounted with “O” rings that are not approved by XOTC for use with its Earthmover tires.
- Tires that have failed due to material added after original manufacture (example: tire fillers, sealant, and ballast or balancing substances). If the added material is the cause of the tire being removed from service, they will not be adjusted.
- The cost of material added after original manufacture (example: tire fillers, sealant, ballast or balancing substances) regardless of removal cause.
- Repairs or retreads.
- XOTC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF USE OF EQUIPMENT, INCONVENIENCE, COST OF REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT, OR ANY INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS?
Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
A. You must present the tire to be considered for adjustment to an authorized dealer or XOTC Service Representative.
B. You must pay for taxes, mounting and any additional services you order at the time of adjustment. For tires imported by or specifically for a Buyer (or his agent), XOTC’s responsibility will be based upon the Cost & Freight Port of Entry tire value prior to payment of import duties.
C. No claim will be recognized unless the product is inspected and a claim is submitted electronically or on an XOTC OTR claim form into the OTR Adjustment database by an authorized representative Adjustments will be confirmed by email or fax.
D. Onboard machine cycle, payload and productivity information must be made available to the authorized dealer or service representative if requested.
E. Adjusted tires may be incapacitated. Disposal of the tire is the responsibility of the owner.
Property Damage, Serious Injury or Death may result from:
- FAILURE DUE TO UNDERINFLATION/OVERLOADING: Follow owner’s manual or tire placard placed in the vehicle.
- EXPLOSION OF TIRE/ RIM ASSEMBLY DUE TO IMPROPER MOUNTING: Consider using nitrogen to inflate OTR tires to reduce the risk of explosive tire failure. Only specially trained persons using proper equipment should mount tires.
- FAILURE TO DEFLATE SINGLE OR DUAL ASSEMBLIES COMPLETELY BEFORE DEMOUNTING: Before loosening any clamps or nuts that attach a multi-piece rim assembly to a vehicle always completely deflate the tire mounted as a single or both tires in a dual assembly by removing the valve core(s). Never attempt to remove a tire from a rim unless the tire is completely deflated. In both cases above check the valve stem by running a piece of wire through the stem to make sure it is not plugged.
- WELDING, BRAZING OR USING ANY TYPE OF HEAT SOURCE ON A MOUNTED TIRE/ RIM ASSEMBLY: Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to rework, weld, heat or braze any rim components that are cracked, broken or damaged, and which are the same size, type and manufacturer. Consult the rim manufacturer concerning proper replacement components.
Thank you for purchasing our products! Be safe and be sure to maximize the XTREME LOAD products you purchase by following the above recommendations.
Xtreme OTR Tire Company, Ltd.